Knee Pain Treatment in Arizona & Michigan
Knee pain is very common. It can slow down your game, your work, and make even simple tasks challenging. Take advantage of our comprehensive team of fellowship-trained knee physicians at The CORE Institute to help diagnosis and treat your knee symptoms so that you can return to the things you enjoy as quickly and as safely as possible.
Schedule an AppointmentCall Us Today
Although pain is the most common complaint, a variety of other symptoms can be present which may indicate specific issues. Some of the more common symptoms that are encountered include:
- Clicking, locking, or popping of the knee joint
- Decreased ability to bend or straighten the knee
- Knee swelling of the feeling of tightness
- Instability or the feeling of the knee giving way
- Difficulty climbing stairs
- Difficulty kneeling or bending down
- Decreasing ability to walk without pain
Conditions We Treat
It is important to determine the true source of the symptoms as that will help determine the most reliable treatments. The experts at The CORE Institute utilize the latest innovations to help diagnose and treat knee pain. Some of the common conditions that we treat include:
- Bursitis and tendonitis
- Dislocation or instability
- Meniscal injuries
- Ligament problems, such as a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) or posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Failed knee implant or surgery
- Fracture & Trauma
- Sports or exercise injury or overuse disorder, such as runner’s knee
- Stiffness or pain
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
Many knee problems can be effectively treated without the need for surgery. You can count on the knee experts at The CORE Institute to develop a comprehensive plan for your recovery and return to activity. Some of the non-surgical treatments include:
- Physical therapy and home exercise programs. Physical therapy is one of the most effective and long-lasting treatments for knee pain. Some of the best and most rapid outcomes are seen with following a dedicated course of guided therapy and exercise. Our Knee specialists work closely with our Physical Therapists to develop a comprehensive plan that is tailored to your needs.
- Activity modification to help ease discomfort while you improve
- Over-the-counter or prescription medications
- Targeted injections to help reduce pain and inflammation
- Viscosupplementation – Viscosupplementation is an injection in which fluid is injected into the knee joint which is thought to help improve the lubrication of the body’s normal joint fluid. Although there is no cure for osteoarthritis viscosupplementation may reduce arthritis-related pain and improve mobility.
Is Knee Surgery Right for Me?
Some of the procedures our experts perform include:
- Knee Arthroscopy – A minimally invasive procedure to diagnose and treat knee joint disorders.
- Partial & Total Knee Replacement Surgery – Also known as knee arthroplasty, this procedure replaces the worn-out surfaces of the knee joint to help improve comfort and mobility.
- Robotic-Arm Assisted Knee Replacement Surgery – The latest advances in robotics have significantly increased the precision and accuracy of knee surgery.
- Cartilage Restoration – When the smooth cartilage surface of a joint is damaged, advances in cartilage therapy can help restore or heal that defect and promote pain relief and performance.
- Ligament Reconstruction Surgery – Injured or torn ligaments as a result of sporting injuries can be reconstructed with minimally invasive surgical techniques that can help enhance your return to sport.
- Meniscal Repair Surgery – The meniscus is the protective padding within the knee joint and is prone to injury. In many instances, repair of the damaged meniscus with minimally invasive, arthroscopic techniques may be appropriate.
- Fractures & Trauma Surgery
Your care team will give you instructions to help you prepare for surgery and recover afterward.
The knee specialists at The CORE Institute encompass a wide range of experts including experts in Physical Therapy, Sports Conditioning, and Rehabilitation. This comprehensive approach helps to ensure the most appropriate treatments are maximized for each patient. Whether it is a knee condition or something related to other aspects of your musculoskeletal system, contact us at The CORE Institute and let our integrated team of specialists help you Keep Life in Motion®.