Lisa Giorgi, PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist specializing in the treatment of athletic, sports and orthopedic post-surgical physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Lisa received her Doctor of Physical Therapy from Wayne State University. Before joining The CORE Institute, Lisa cared for patients as a Physical Therapist at Mendelson Kornblum Physical Therapy in Michigan. She has extensive experience in treating orthopedic conditions involving extremities, spine and pelvis. She is an expert in postoperative orthopedic hip and knee arthroplasty, total and reverse shoulder replacement, ankle surgery and spinal fusion.
Prior to starting hercareeras a Physical Therapist, Lisa competed in gymnastics atthe nationallevelin Canada and the United States. Her passion for gymnastics eventually led her to coach the sport, where she stressed the importance of educating athletes on injury prevention. Naturally, Lisa educates and motivates her patients to obtain complete health and wellness.
Procedures & Areas of Interest
- Balance and vestibular disorders
- General Weakness and deconditioning
- Home exercise program
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization/manipulation
- Joint replacements
- Motor vehicle accidents injuries
- Movement correction
- Musculoskeletal pain and injuries involving the neck, back, shoulder, hip, knee, elbow, foot, ankle, wrist or hand
- Neuromuscular re-education (core stabilization, balance re-training, scapular stabilization, proprioceptive activities)
- Patient education
- Pre-orthopedic surgery and post-orthopedic surgery
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Sports medicine injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Stroke and other neurological conditions
- Taping techniques
- Therapeutic activities/functional training
- Therapeutic exercise (strengthening, stretching, cardiovascular work)
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Work related injuries
GraduateWayne State University
Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The CORE Institute is focused on providing an exceptional patient care experience. To ensure that we are holding ourselves to the highest standards, we measure all aspects of patient satisfaction with the National Research Corporation, an independent patient satisfaction company. This service partnership provides the technology to display ratings on our physician profile pages, and all ratings are verified and submitted by actual patients.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. submitted by patients as a reflection of their views and opinions. The resulting ratings are not directly endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of The CORE Institute.
Overall 4.8 out of 5
Get on the road of healing. Review our accepted insurance plans for
The CORE Institute to learn more about your options.