Green Eggs and Ham Frittata
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves cut into thin ribbons
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 6 oz. boiled ham, diced
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from heat source; preheat broiler to high.
- Warm oil in a large, oven proof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale and cook, stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add scallions; sauté for 1 minute. Stir in ham; sauté 1 minute longer.
- Whisk eggs and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Arrange kale mixture evenly in skillet and pour egg mixture over.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook without stirring until frittata is almost set in center, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to broiler and cook, watching carefully to avoid burning, until top is set and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Run a spatula around edges of skillet and cut into wedges. (To safeguard your pan, you can slide frittata onto serving plate before slicing.)
- Serve hot, or allow to cool and serve at room temperature.